I was interested to find out what are some of the best infrared grills to use for me to review.
The best infrared grills that I found are the:
So I went out looking for what are some of the top rated & most recommended brands who make infrared grill products that can be used to cook different kinds of meats no problem which are available to buy online.
Table of Contents
- The Best Infrared Grills in 2022
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Related Products to Buy
The Best Infrared Grills in 2022
Here is the list of infrared grills on the market we reviewed for you to compare.
1. Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared Gas Grill
Char-Broil introduced one of the first charcoals grill back in 1948, and they continue to innovate with the TRU-Infrared Cooking System. Their website is filled with not just products, but also recipes, raffle contests and lots of educational content. They also sell portable grills, electric grills, smokers and fryers. This signature grill can be purchased with an extra side burner to help you cook efficiently.
- Comes with side shelves that fold for ease of storage
- Can be purchased with an extra side burner
- This grill has all the bells and whistles, and has a large cooking space which makes it great for parties and family barbeques
- Grates are made of cast iron
- Made by a company with long-proven success in making reliable, innovative grills
- You’ll need a backyard or patio to cook with this monster
2. Magma Newport II Infrared Gas Grill
Magma Products is known not only for making grills designed to withstand marine boating, but also for on land too. The company has been making grills for use on a boat, in a home or camping 30+ years. They also make cookware.
- Perfect option for using on a boat
- Stainless steel designed to withstand wind, rain, & sea salt
- Portable and mountable
- Mirrored stainless steel makes this look great
- Not suitable for indoor cooking
- Will need to buy the gas valves separately if needed
3. Solaire Portable Gas Grill
Solaire is a family-owned company that has been around for over a century. Its parent company is Rasmussen, a gas log producer. Solaire specializes in gas grills and sells various types, such as infrared grills, portable grills, and even grills that can be built in to an outdoor countertop. However, their website seems a bit dated and leaves a lot to be desired. Most resources are only available as PDF downloads.
- Heats in just three minutes
- Lots of cooking space for a small, portable grill
- Solaire is over a century old and specializes in gas grills
- V-grate surface improves flavor and prevents flare-ups
- Does not have much aesthetic appeal—it looks a bit out of place in the 21st century
- Even though it is portable, it is bulky, weighing a hefty 15 pounds, and cannot be used indoors
4. Char-Broil Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill
Char-Broil introduced one of the first charcoals grill back in 1948, and they continue to innovate with the TRU-Infrared Cooking System. Their website is filled with not just products, but also recipes, raffle contests and lots of educational content. They also sell portable grills, electric grills, smokers and fryers. This bistro grill is space-efficient for those who live in a condo or apartment where outdoor cooking space is limited.
- For a portable grill, it is fairly large but offers a lot of cooking space
- Perfect for those who want the barbeque experience but lack the space for a full-size grill
- Uses regular 110v electric plug outlet
- Good option for buildings that don’t allow gas/charcoal grills
- Requires access to an outdoor electric outlet
5. Philips Indoor Smoke-less Grill
Philips is a technology company active in industries ranging from healthcare to home appliances. It’s been around since 1891, with its first research lab established in 1914. In the 21st century, Philips continues to be committed to innovation, particularly in healthcare technology. They have a huge international presence, with their website available in dozens of languages.
- Heats up in just six minutes, with an even temperature
- The grid is dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- Comes with a free recipe book
- Philips is well into its second century and has developed a reputation for high quality products
- Can be purchased with a special cleaning tool
- While this is an indoor grill of relatively small size, its design doesn’t seem conducive to being transported very far
6. Broilmaster R3b Infrared Combo Grill
Broilmaster was established in 1966 and proudly makes their grills in the US. They sell gas, charcoal and specialty grills as well as grill accessories. Their website has a neat “Build-A-Grill” feature which allows you to customize your own grill with different bases, heads and shelves. They pride themselves on building durable grills that can last a lifetime, and even have a Hall of Fame page on their website dedicated to the testimonials of people who have been using their Broilmaster grills for decades.
- For an outdoor grill, it is compact and can fit into a more limited space than full-size grills
- Includes a removable rack to make room for larger roasts
- Broilmaster has a proven record of making durable grills
- The Build-A-Grill feature is a fun way to make your grill fit your space and make it your own
- The gas grill section might not be needed by some
- This is a premium option and might not suit some people’s BBQ grill budgets
- Infrared cooking space is not available
7. TEC Portable Infrared Gas Grill
TEC developed the first infrared gas grill back in 1980. They sell portable, built-in and freestanding grills as well as grill accessories. Their website features recipes, tips and videos for cooking various types of foods using their grilling equipment. They also have a webpage on the science of infrared grilling technology for curious readers.
- Has a self-cleaning surface and removable panels to quicken the cleaning process
- Can be used as a stovetop or grill
- Can be used on any surface, including wood
- These grills are durable and made to last decades
- Large cooking space makes this grill perfect for family barbeques or parties
- Although it is portable, this is a pretty big grill to carry around at 72 pounds
- As a tabletop grill, this unit will take up a lot of counter space
Frequently Asked Questions
I know you were looking for what are the best product options, but here is some more detail as to why we might need a good infrared grill to help us easily BBQ meat indoors or outdoors.
What are Infrared Grills?
An infrared grill can be a gas or electric grill that uses infrared technology as a heat source. With an infrared grill the flame does not heat the meat directly, but heats the infrared source that then heats the food. In theory, this is supposed to help the food cook more evenly & avoid cold spots on the grill leading to juicer, more flavorful meat. Infrared grills also allows for a better sear, since a higher temperature can be achieved on the cooking grate. (ref)
Infrared Grills Pros and Cons
Here is a list of a both pros and cons of using infrared grills:
|Energy efficient||Less portable|
|Easy to clean||Higher price than gas grills|
|Heats food uniformly||More risk of burning food|
|Faster warm up time||Not suitable for low temperature grilling|
|Can achieve higher temperatures||Not suitable for cooking fish and vegetables|
|Juicer, more flavorful food||EMF energy concerns when heating food|
Infrared grilling has become popular these days, especially with professional chefs. These grills will help you cook meat like burgers, lamb or chicken fast. You’ll also get that nice grilled sear on your steak.
Although it has its advantages, infrared cooking does have its drawbacks as well. The biggest drawback is the high heat on the grate which can make cooking fish and vegetables difficult to not burn.
How to Clean an Infrared Grill?
Here are some general tips:
- Wipe down the grate before cooking
- Wait until the grill has cooled off but is still warm to the touch
- Clean as soon as possible after use to prevent hardening of grime
- Turn it up to a high heat and close the lid to burn off some of the food particles
- Detach the grill plates and scrub with a stainless steel brush
- Use non-abrasive cleaners if needed
- After cleaning, coat the infrared plates with high-heat cooking oil
- Let the grill plate dry out before re-inserting
- Keep the body of the grill clean by wiping down with a non-abrasive cleaner or mild detergent
Infrared grills tend to be easier to clean than traditional grills, but it is still important to take the necessary steps to clean them thoroughly. Always prioritize safety and wait until your grill is cool enough to clean.
Keep in mind that different brands will have slightly different guidelines. (ref)