I was interested to find out what are some of the best bone broths to use for me to review.
The best bone broths to buy are:
Many are using a bone broth diet for help with leaky gut issues or general health. It is a nutritious paelo, keto-friendly food.
So I went out researching online for what are some of the top rated & most recommended brands who make bone broth products that are available to buy online.
Table of Contents
- The Best Bone Broths To Buy in 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Related Products to Buy
The Best Bone Broths To Buy in 2020
Here is the list of recommended bone broths we reviewed for you to compare.
1. Kettle & Fire Bone Broths
The Kettle & Fire bone broths are made by the company that was started in 2013 by two brothers who became inspired by bone broth and its health benefits. They were disappointed in the lack of environmentally-friendly, organic bone broths available on the market, so they decided to make their own. Their website is a fountain of information, including facts, recipes and product details. In addition to their beef bone broth, they also sell chicken and mushroom flavored bone broths, as well as a selection of paleo soups. (ref)
- Organic, grass-fed, non-GMO, antibiotic-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and soy-free
- Ingredients are locally sourced
- Packaging is environmentally friendly
- Bone broth is slow-simmered for at least 20 hours
- Recommended by many like Dr. Sarah Ballantyne MD “The Paleo Mom”
2. BrothMasters Beef & Chicken Bone Broth
BrothMasters make a pre-made liquid bone broth that is a mixture of both beef and chicken bones. The brand also makes a stand-alone chicken bone broth product option. We like what we see on the ingredient list which also includes: filtered water, organic onions, organic carrots, organic celery, garlic, lemon juice, organic parsley, peppercorns and bay leaves. The bones are simmered for 48 hours and this broth contains 30% of your recommended daily allowance of calcium per serving, so if you want more calcium in your bone broth this is a good option.
3. Ancient Nutrition Organic Bone Broth Powders
The Ancient Nutrition bone broth is made by Dr. Josh Axe and Jordan Rubin who are on a mission to provide nutrients with the power to restore health to modern people. Dr. Axe is the author of Eat Dirt, a health book on leaky gut syndrome. The Dr Axe/Ancient Nutrition Store offers not just different bone broth protein powders, but even peanut butter flavored bone broth protein bars and flavored bone broth collagen powders. (ref)
- High in protein
- Dairy-free, gluten-free, non-GMO, soy-free, antibiotic-free, pesticide-free and preservative-free
- Packaging is BPA-free
- Available in a plethora of flavors
- Dual health benefits: it is high in protein while also offering the benefits of bone broth
- As a protein powder, it is not as nutritionally pure as other bone broths
4. LonoLife Beef Bone Broths
The LonoLife bone broths have been created by, and for, people with a busy and active lifestyle. The company is on a mission of providing a bone broth that could be eaten on-the-go. They sell various kinds of bone broth, as well as collagen and protein coffee, all packaged with this concept in mind (but available in bulk also). Their website offers recipes and an updated news page about the health benefits of bone broth. (ref)
- Packaged in convenient single-serve amounts for on-the-go consumption
- Grass-fed and free of artificial colors, preservatives, soy, dairy, sugar, gluten and MSG
- Their website includes helpful recipes for their products
- Only available in one flavor
5. Protein Essentials Bone Broths
The Protein Essentials bone broths are from a company founded by three Chicago businessmen who were looking for a way to get rid of the aches and pains associated with aging. They discovered collagen and began marketing their own bone broth products, which they say they use themselves every day. They also sell sports supplements, collagen and gelatin powders and even pet supplements. (ref)
- The website’s blog includes recipes for each of their products
- They offer a focused but varied range of products, including supplements for pets
- Instant bone broth just requires stirring into hot water
- Contains flavor enhancers, sugar and other additives
- Only available in one relatively small size
6. Pacific Foods Bone Broths
The Pacific Foods bone broths are from a company that prides itself on organic, non-dairy beverages. The Pacific Foods mission is to “Nourish Everybody” through “kinder treatment of people, animals and the planet”. They began in 1987 in Oregon, selling only tofu and soymilk. They have since expanded their product line to include broths, soups and other non-dairy milks. They are active in charity work and even tour the country with tastings of their products. (ref)
- Organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, dairy-free, MSG-free
- So many flavors!
- 8-ounce size is perfect for traveling or on-the-go consumption
- Packaging is re-sealable and recyclable
- They are a veteran company in the industry, having been around since 1987
- To be honest, there doesn’t seem to be much of a downside here—if anything, they have too many flavors to choose from and that decision may be overwhelming
7. Jarrow Formulas Bone Broths
The Jarrow Formulas bone broths is from Jarrow Formulas who have been making and supplying supplements since 1977. Their scientific panel ensures the integrity of all of their products. Jarrow’s website features a database of all their products and a store locator where customers can find them. The company has received numerous awards for product quality since 2002. (ref)
- Founded in 1977, this company has a long history and a list of awards dating back to 2002
- They offer a Total Quality Pledge and all products are manufactured in cGMP certified factories
- Free of artificial flavors, hormones, antibiotics, wheat, gluten, soy, dairy, egg, fish, peanuts and tree nuts
- Backed by a scientific panel
- There is no ingredients list available before purchase (although you can find it on their website)
- Only available in one size
8. Bare Bones Bone Broths
The Bare Bones bone broths are the idea of company founder, Ryan Harvey, who was inspired to make a healthy food product after both his father and grandfather died from heart attacks at relatively young ages. The company has been making bone broth since 2014, and also offers a bone broth cookbook. Their blog contains useful articles on health issues and the benefits of bone broth. (ref)
- Free of flavors, preservatives, antibiotics, hormones, gluten, soy, dairy
- Made with grass-fed beef and organic vegetables and herbs
- The company’s story is inspiring and transparent
- Bone broth is slow-simmered for 24 hours
- You have to buy their bone broth recipe cookbook if you want it
Frequently Asked Questions
I know you were looking for what are the best options, but here is some more detail as to why we might need bone broth products to help us fix our gut and get some paleo nutrition.
Where to Buy Bone Broth?
Bone broths can be bought either from an online store or in-store off the shelf at a many grocery stores.
Some of the popular grocery stores where you will find bone broth brands for sale include Whole Foods, Walmart and Costco.
Some of the popular online stores where you will find bone broth brands for sale include Amazon, Thrive Market and US Wellness Meats.
Why is Bone Broth Good for You?
Here are a few of the benefits:
- Supports digestion
- Supports skin
- Lowers blood sugar
- Boosts immune system
- Fights inflammation
- Strengthens teeth, nails and bones
- Helps with weight loss
- Improves hydration
- Builds muscle
- Improves mood
- Boosts metabolism
When To Use Bone Broths?
Drinking bone broth is thought to be helpful for people with certain health conditions and diseases:
- Digestive disorders
- Bleeding disorders
- Leaky gut syndrome (intestinal permeability issues)
- Food allergies
- Cold and respiratory infection
What Are the Best Bones for Bone Broth?
Here are some guidelines for choosing the right bones to use in a broth:
- Knuckles, joints, feet, neck and marrow are considered the best bones
- Oxtail, short ribs and shank are full of flavor
- A full chicken or turkey carcass can be used
Bone broth is easy to make from home, but not all bones are created equal. (ref)
How Much Bone Broth Should I Drink?
The amount of broth you drink will vary based on the benefits you want to receive.
Here are some guidelines based on health conditions:
- Arthritis: minimum of eight ounces daily, but as much as you can tolerate
- Weight loss and detox: twice per day or with every meal, anywhere from 12 to 50 ounces per day
- Skin conditions: 6 to 12 ounces daily in the morning or evening
- Autoimmune disorders: daily or at least four times per week
- Digestion disorders: eight ounces or more daily
- Organic Grass-Fed Ghee
- Cast Iron Skillets for Cooking Meat
- Magnesium Supplements for Ketogenic Diet
- Potassium Supplements for Ketogenic Diet
- Grass Fed Whey Protein Powders
- Keto Meal Replacement Shakes
- Low Carb Protein Powders for Keto
- Low Carb Protein Bars
- Medium Chain Triglyceride Oils for Paleo
- Blenders for Butter Coffee