I was interested to find out what are some of the best low carb meal replacement shakes to drink that are also keto-friendly for me to review.
The best keto meal replacement shakes are:
- Ample K Meal Replacement Drink – Best Overall Keto Shake
- HLTH Code Keto Meal Replacement Shake – Dr Bikman Recommended
- KiiTO Keto Meal Replacement Shake– Best Vegan Keto Option
- Keto Chow Keto Meal Replacement Shake – Best for Variety of Flavors
- Ketoscience Ketogenic Meal Shake – Best for Lowest Total Carbs
- Left Coast Performance Keto Shake – Best For Lowest Net Carbs
- Dr. Berg’s Meal Replacement Shake – Best for Vegetarian Keto
- Sated Keto Meal Drink
- Ketond Ketogenic Meal Replacement
- Ketologie Keto Shake
- KetoLogic Keto Meal Replacement Sachets
A good keto meal replacement can help as a convenient snack or a quick fix for a hunger pang when on a keto or low carbohydrate diet, especially for weight loss.
So I went out researching online, reading loads of reviews, and testing some myself, for what are some of the top rated & most recommended low carb meal replacement shake products and brands available to buy online.
Table of Contents
- The Best Keto Meal Replacement Shakes in 2021
- 1. Ample K Meal Replacement Drink
- 2. HLTH Code Keto Meal Replacement
- 3. Kiito Organic Plant Protein Drink
- 4. Keto Chow Keto Meal Replacement
- 5. Ketoscience Ketogenic Meal Shake
- 6. Left Coast Performance Keto Shake
- 7. Dr. Berg’s Meal Replacement Shake
- 8. Sated Keto Meal Shake
- 9. Ketond Ketogenic Meal Replacement Powder
- 10. Ketologie Keto Shake
- 11. KetoLogic Keto Meal Replacement Shake
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Related Products to Buy
The Best Keto Meal Replacement Shakes in 2021
Here is the list of recommended ketogenic meal replacement shakes we reviewed for you to compare.
1. Ample K Meal Replacement Drink
The Ample K ketogenic meal replacement is from Ample Meals brand. These convenient, drinkable meals are made from real-food ingredients and are formulated with protein, fiber, probiotics, vegetable greens, and healthy fats. Each bottle is pre-portioned so all you have to do is add water, or milk, and shake the bottle to mix the contents up. These shakes result in a smooth and creamy taste on your tongue, with a hint of coconut and macadamia nut flavor. Ample K is very convenient for when you have no time to make breakfast, office workers needing a quick lunch or snack, taking to an expo hall, or travelling on a plane. If you want, they are even a type of ketogenic cheat meal, or dessert, that tastes sweet & is still low carb. Listen to Ample CEO Connor and I review the ingredients or see my more in-depth Ample K review.
- Only product that comes in a BPA-free bottle that all you need to do is add liquid to mix
- This product has a very rich and pleasant flavor
- These shakes are non-GMO and have no artificial flavors, no soy, and it is gluten-free
- This product is an excellent combination of MCT-rich fats and organic greens
- Only comes in one flavor
- Contains egg white and nuts, which might be unsuitable for some
2. HLTH Code Keto Meal Replacement
The HLTH Code meal replacement powder was developed by insulin resistance researcher, Dr Ben Bikman PhD. I trust Dr Bikman to produce a high standard, keto-friendly meal replacement shake product with him being so passionate about helping people know how to try to improve their insulin resistance by using a low carb diet. I like that it uses my favorite salt, Redmond Real Salt. I asked HLTH code what is digestion resistant maltodextrin and why that is in there. Digestion resistant maltodextrin is not absorbed by the body, doesn’t spike blood glucose and it helps with regularity. There are two flavor options available.
3. Kiito Organic Plant Protein Drink
KiiTO is a keto-friendly meal replacement drink that is convenient for plant-based keto followers. I like how they have such low total and net carbs. All the ingredients used are USDA organic. Their packaging is sent in eco-friendly materials. They have some good flavor options along with using non-GMO ingredients, being gluten-free, dairy-free and uses no soy. In my opinion, KiiTO is the best vegan- keto meal replacement drink option.
4. Keto Chow Keto Meal Replacement
Keto Chow keep tweaking their formula and ingredient list to make one of the best keto meal replacement powders out there. The brand also has the largest selection of meal replacement shake flavor options out all the brands reviewed. I like how the nutrition label also shows the net carbs if you mix in butter or heavy cream. The one thing that I’m not keen on is the use of sucralose as the added artificial sweetener.
5. Ketoscience Ketogenic Meal Shake
Ketoscience would be the best keto meal shake for people wanting the lowest carbs. This shake has the lowest total carbs per serving out of all products reviewed. Ketoscience keto meal shake is unique that it’s ingredient list contains grassfed butter, MCT oil, avocado oil, hydrolyzed collagen and whey protein concentrate. It is said to be designed to help in a weight loss program and help enhance brain function. With the two basic flavors of vanilla and chocolate this will suit most people for taste preference.
6. Left Coast Performance Keto Shake
The Left Coast Performance Keto Shake is made by the Left Coast Performance brand. The product comes in one flavor option – chocolate. Each proves to be a delicious meal replacement option providing vitamins and nutrients users need to get them through the toughest days. The Left Coast Performance Keto Shake provides collagen, protein Coconut oil fats & low carbohydrates necessary to support a keto diet. This is a good product for individuals that want to help their bodies stay energized while burning fat. This product mixes with water, almond milk, smoothies or even coffee and can be incorporated into your diet as a meal replacement or a snack between meals.
- Good amount of collagen and protein
- These shakes work incredibly well as an appetite suppressant
- No plain vanilla option
- Contains three sugar alcohols which might not suit some people’s tastes or stomachs
- Not suitable for vegans as contains animal derived products
7. Dr. Berg’s Meal Replacement Shake
The Dr. Berg’s meal replacement shakes are made by the popular low carb/keto diet expert, Dr Berg. These are a budget-friendly, low carb meal replacement option. These are vegan and vegetarian friendly shakes. The product provides 4 grams of MCT’s (coconut oil) and 11 grams of organic pea protein (including BCAA’s) to help keep users appetite satisfied. The creamy, chocolate brownie flavor also has no sugar added and is designed to satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt. Dr. Berg’s meal replacement shakes also use non-GMO, soy and gluten-free ingredients. This shake will work well for, on the go meals, post-workout recovery, and as part of a weight loss program.
- Suitable for keto vegans and vegetarians
- Comes with a scoop measure
- Contains no egg or animal product
- Very low carb count, which is good for very low carb/keto users
- Comes only in one flavor
- Require a shaker
- Some users find mixing it with milk, instead of water is a better choice
8. Sated Keto Meal Shake
Sated (formerly known as Ketolent) is a convenient, ready-made meal replacement drink option, so no mixing needed on your end. This would be make life easy if you don’t want to try mix powder with water, milk or cream. This shake has the most added erythritol per serving at a whooping 10g. This would make this one of the sweetest tasting shake options.
9. Ketond Ketogenic Meal Replacement Powder
The Ketond ketogenic meal replacement powders are a ketone stimulating meal. Ketond is the only keto meal shake product reviewed that adds goBHB exogenous ketone salts to help suppress a users appetite and keep them feeling fuller for longer. The shakes work by delivering long-lasting energy to users that work to improve focus and brain health, aid in weight-loss and give users the endurance they need. There are two flavors to choose from, chocolate fudge brownie or strawberries and crème. The product contains no artificial sweeteners, but is sweetened with stevia.
- Contains the patented goBHB® (beta-hydroxybutyrate) & goMCT® to help reduce any feelings of hunger and act as an aid for energy levels
- Lots of sources of fat including butter powder, cream, macadamia nut oil and coconut milk
- Not suitable for vegans as contains milk and egg derived products
- Not suitable for users with nut allergies
- Some users are not too sure on the taste
10. Ketologie Keto Shake
The Ketologie Keto Shake is made by the Ketologie brand. The protein shakes from Ketologie come in a vanilla or chocolate flavor sure to satisfy your sweet tooth while providing lasting fullness that will help you get through the day. This product is packed with beneficial vitamins and nutrients that help users stay focused and alert and full of energy all day long. This product is easy to use and it can be mixed with coffee, water, or nut milk to create a deliciously creamy beverage. This product can be mixed and carried easily in gym bags or purses so you can drink it whenever you need. Ketologie shakes work extremely well post workout or as a meal replacement at any time during the day.
- Uses grassfed bovine collagen protein
- Can be used in a hot drink, like coffee, to make a keto cafe mocha drink
- Traditional flavor options of chocolate or vanilla
- The protein per serving is not the highest option if you’re looking more for a keto protein shake
- Contains no potassium
11. KetoLogic Keto Meal Replacement Shake
The KetoLogic Keto Meal replacement powder is made by the KetoLogic brand. There are four flavors to choose from; chocolate, strawberry, salted caramel or vanilla. This product works by helping individuals have more energy, clearer mental focus, excellent appetite control, lose weight, and stabilize blood sugar levels. These shakes are low in calories yet packed with vitamins and minerals you need to stay awake and energized. The medium-chain triglycerides in this product help promote weight loss and fat oxidation in users while simultaneously boosting the metabolism.
- Convenient powder to stop hunger pangs
- Can be blended into hot drinks like coffee or tea
- Can be mixed with nut milks like almond and coconut milk
- Uses grass fed whey protein
- Low protein of only 7g if you’re worried about gluconeogenesis from protein disrupting your nutritional ketosis levels
- Only 13g fat per serving
- Contains no potassium
- Not suitable for vegans as contains milk derived products
Frequently Asked Questions
I know you were looking for what are the best options, but here is some more detail as to why we might need low carb meal replacement products to help you stay on a well formulated keto or low carbohydrate diet.
What is a Meal Replacement?
A meal replacement is an act of using a shake instead of consuming typical food for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Meal replacement shakes work by providing individuals with low-calorie alternatives to processed foods.
Meal replacements are better than typical on-the-go snacks because they are generally loaded with vitamins and nutrients users need to get them through the day. Furthermore, they provide an exceptional boost of energy. (ref)
What Are the Benefits of a Meal Replacement?
- Providing a healthy alternative to an otherwise unhealthy meal
- Provide users an adequate balance of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins they need throughout the day
- Provides users adequate fiber and other ingredients that work to suppress hunger
- Provide an ample amount of vitamins and minerals to users
Meal replacement shakes are generally a low-calorie option that is a more-balanced solution for people on a weight loss diet.
Instead of skipping meals, or spending hours counting calories, people find meal replacement shakes help solve those problems.
A lot of people trying to lose weight consider going on a diet. Surprisingly, diets are not effective at all for losing weight and, instead, generally cause people to gain weight.
When it comes to losing weight, consuming fewer calories often shows promising results among users. For this reason, meal replacement shakes are truly beneficial to individuals that desire losing weight.
These shakes are designed specifically to provide consumers with all the vitamins and minerals they would get from a full real food meal, but with fewer calories, carbs, and fats.
Do Meal Replacement Shakes Help You Lose Weight?
Some studies have shown that meal replacement shakes not only help users lose weight when compared to traditional diet methods, but users generally keep the weight off after they discontinue use. (ref)
Although meal replacement shakes have shown promising results for weight loss in some users, there are no studies that show them to be beneficial long-term for everyone.
Individuals that consume meal replacement shakes generally do not do so for extended periods, which means eventually they return to a regular diet. (ref)
Individuals that use meal replacement shakes are often shown to lose more weight than those on other diet plans.
Are Meal Replacement Shakes Good For You?
When it comes to determining whether meal replacement shakes are good for you or not, it is important to view this topic from a variety of perspectives.
There are several benefits for users that opt for meal replacement shakes over skipping meals or eating a full meal. Some key benefits are:
- Weight loss – Meal replacement shakes are typically healthy to consume. The fact that they continue to provide users with all the minerals and vitamins they need is truly great for your overall health.
- Convenience – Meal replacement shakes are extremely convenient to consume. The quick preparation process enables individuals to whip up a shake before running out of the house. They can be consumed on the go or sipped throughout the day to provide relief.
What Are the Problems With Meal Replacements?
Unfortunately, there are some down-sides to consuming meal replacement shakes.
These are particularly evident when individuals fail to review what is actually in the shakes they choose.
Some shakes are loaded with sugar, which can drastically hinder a person’s ability to lose weight.
Additionally, these types of food replacement shakes tend to have a higher carbohydrate count than protein shakes.