I was interested to find out what are some of the best low carb protein bars that are also keto-friendly to use for me to review.
The best low carb protein bars are:
Using a good low carb protein bar can help manage you manage your macros when you are following a low carbohydrate or keto diet.
So I went out looking for what are some of the top rated & most recommended brands who make low carb protein bars that are available to buy online.
The Best Low Carb Protein Bars in 2023
Here is the list of recommended keto-friendly & low carb protein bars for you to compare.
1. Epic Venison All Natural Meat Bar
The all-natural meat bars by Epic is made from grass-fed venison and range free deer. Blended with sea salt and pepper for a delicious flavor that satisfies. The epic bar range creatively creates different meat into a flavor-filled meat protein bars that are sure to give you the boost of energy you are looking for. The protein bar is an excellent source of omega 3s, vitamin B12, vitamin E, and many helpful antioxidants. This product is gluten-free, paleo friendly, and has absolutely no sugar added.
- Helps control appetite between meals
- Great flavor
- Provides a great burst of energy
- The texture is a bit rough and unexpected for some.
- Higher sodium than other brands.
2. Onnit Protein Bars
The protein bars by Onnit are the perfect solution no matter what your diet strategy is. These bars are packed with high protein and fiber, low sugar, and an ample amount of beneficial fats. These protein bars are designed to help individuals with weight management or to build strong muscles. The high protein and low sugar combination make these bars an excellent option for any time of the day. You can consume them as a quick snack to avoid blood sugar swings or eat them after workouts to deliver nutrients to your muscles to help you recover quicker.
- High amount of protein in every bar.
- Convenient product and easy to consume.
- Can only buy from Onnit protein bars from the official website.
3. Bulletproof Collagen Protein Bars
Bulletproof protein bars are made with collagen protein from grass-fed cows. These delicately processed ingredients have all the amino acids you need, with a burst of nutrients preserved from the low-cooked boiling process. These collagen protein bars come in three flavor options — lemon cookie, vanilla shortbread, or mint chocolate chip so you can easily find the one you like best for on-the-go fueling. Bulletproof collagen protein bars are keto-friendly and contain quality fats that keep you feeling fuller and focused longer. Uniquely, this protein bar contains brain octane oil that provides an excellent dose of quality fats for increased energy and fat burning.
- Excellent flavor options
- Works exceptionally well to improve focus
- The bars crumble, not stick together, so they can be a bit messy on-the-go.
4. ProSource Protein Bars
ProSource protein bars are an excellent option for individuals looking for on-the-go energy or a protein bar after working out. These delicious bars come in chocolate peanut butter, french toast cream, or double chocolate flavors and leave no lingering aftertaste that other bars do. This product is powered by hydrolyzed whey isolate and they are creamy and crunchy. These bars contain no gelatin or soy, no artificial fillers, and no sugar alcohol. Prosource uses some of the highest quality bioavailable proteins imaginable through their powerful blend of milk and whey proteins.
- Excellent flavor options available
- Great consistency
- High protein
- High fat content is undesirable
5. Orgain Organic Protein Bar
The protein bars from Orgain are non-GMO and made with all natural ingredients. These products are soy and gluten free and do not have any artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. Most ingredients in the bar are certified organic and 100-percent vegan. Orgain protein bars come in four fantastic flavors that provide clean and delicious nourishment whenever you need it. Compared to other bars, these offer clean protein that is safe and effective for weight management. Whether you are looking for a quick snack to hold you over until your next meal, desire on-the-go energy, or you are looking for a post-workout protein bar that is effective, Orgain is definitely the right choice.
- Extremely affordable
- Lower calorie amount than other brands or types
- Excellent taste and texture
- Some consumers feel these bars are too sweet.
6. Quest Nutrition Protein Bar
When it comes to protein bars, Quest Nutrition offers something for everyone. With twenty-two different flavors to choose from, you are sure to find one that satisfies. Each bar blends fantastic ingredients while offering 21g of protein, 14g of fiber, and less than 1g of sugar in every bar. Each Quest Nutrition protein bar is packed with quality ingredients that are scientifically beneficial and metabolically sound. The flavor is so rich and satisfying that it is hard to believe how healthy it is.
- Excellent flavor options available.
- Very high protein amount for the size
- Some consumers do not appreciate the new ingredients
7. No Cow Protein Bars – Best Low Carb Vegan Option
The No Cow protein bars are an excellent option for diet enthusiasts. These flavor-filled bars are vegan and contain no dairy products. Additionally, there is no added soy or sugar and the bars contain no GMO ingredients. Consumers are able to choose a mixed flavor bundle or select to purchase 12 bars in their favorite No Cow flavor. Each bar contains less than 1g of sugar and, uniquely, all of the antioxidants and protein are plant-based. These protein bars are loaded with vitamins and minerals that help support optimal health and energy levels.
- High amount of protein
- Very low sugar
- Great flavor choices available
- Rather sweet flavor, can take some getting used to
Frequently Asked Questions
I know you were looking for what are the best options, but here is some more detail as to why we might need protein bar products to help us eat enough protein when on the go.
When to Eat Protein Bars?
The time you eat your protein bar depends on what you want to use it for. Some individuals eat protein bars in the morning as a meal replacement for breakfast. This allows people to eat a healthy breakfast on-the-go so they do not skip the meal entirely.
Eating protein bars as a snack between meals is another great option. Rather than snack on unhealthy items, like cookies, cakes, and chips, have a protein bar. These bars will help curb your appetite until your next meal.
Protein bars are also an excellent choice for a meal replacement. Instead of dining on lower-calorie alternatives, like shakes, protein bars are a highly convenient alternative. These bars are high in protein and healthy fats and they provide an exceptional amount of nutrients to help with weight loss.
Before or after exercise are two exceptional times to consume protein bars as well. When consumed 1-2 hours before exercise, protein bars help boost energy so you can work longer and harder. When taken after, protein bars help repair muscles worked during exercise so you can recover faster.
How Many Protein Bars Can I Eat a Day?
Like any type of food, protein bars must be eaten in moderation to provide the most benefit for consumers. When it comes to determining the proper amount to eat in one day, it is not as easy as you would hope. (ref)
The type of ingredients, calories, and serving sizes all determine the amount you should consume each day. While most protein bars are low calories, low carbs, and high protein, this is not always the case. Some protein bars are high in calories and have high-fat content, which can wreak havoc on your diet. You will want to make sure the calories, sugar, and protein all fall within a recommended amount per day. Typically, bodybuilders and dieters find one to two bars a day provide the optimal results for them; however, you will be able to review the ingredients to determine what works best for you. (ref)
Are Protein Bars Good for You?
When consumed in moderation, protein bars can be an exceptionally healthy dietary option. The bottom line is that if you are going to miss a meal, having a protein bar on hand to eat instead of going without will go a long way. (ref)
There are six key factors that you should consider above all when choosing protein bars to incorporate into your daily routine.
- Total Calories: if you are trying to lose weight, protein bars can take up a large portion of your daily calorie schedule. This would generally be used for meal replacements instead of consumed as a snack. If you are trying to gain weight, however, this is an excellent choice to include between meals or post-workout.
- Total Carbohydrates: When consumed after workouts, protein bars are great for replenishing worked muscles. For individuals trying to lose fat, consuming high carbohydrates is not ideal.
- The Presence of Sugar Alcohols: some individuals have issues consuming these, so it is best to find bars that do not have them.
- Ingredient Panel Listings: review calories and carbohydrates prior to purchasing to ensure the amount in each bar falls in line with your dietary goals.
- Fat Content: unless you are using protein bars post-workout, you will most likely want to find a bar with lower fat content
- Review Carb to Protein Ratio: the best scenario for fat-loss is a protein bar with 2:1 ratio of proteins to carbs.
Related Products to Buy
- Keto Protein Bars
- Organic Ghee
- Low Carb Meal Replacement Shake
- Beef Jerky Sticks
- Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder
- Organic Bone Broth
- MCT Oil for Ketosis
- Ketone Meters for Monitoring Ketone Levels