The best sugar-free syrup brands and flavors are:
- Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup
- ChocZero Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
- Pyure Organic Maple Flavored Syrup
- ChocZero Syrup Variety Pack Syrups
- Blackberry Patch Sugar-Free Maple Praline Syrup
- Nature’s Hollow Sugar-Free Maple Flavored Syrup
- Maple Grove Farms Vermont Sugar-Free Syrup
- SweetLeaf Sugar-Free Syrup
Using a low calorie sugar-free syrup can be a good choice, if you are on a low-carb or keto diet weight loss program. They can be used to give you that taste you’d expect when eating low-carb versions of pancakes, waffles or ice cream.
Low sugar syrups are an alternative that people look for as a tasty substitute to regular maple syrup when drizzling it on some almond flour pancakes or keto chaffles.
People with metabolic health issues not wanting to create a significant insulin response might also look for syrups that don’t contain refined sugar carbohydrates.
We were interested to find out what are some of the best sugar-free syrups to use for us to review.
So, we went out looking for what are the top rated brands & most recommended sugar-free syrup products on the market that are available to buy online.
The Best Sugar Free Syrups in 2024
Here is the list of recommended keto-friendly sugar free syrups on the market we reviewed for you to compare.
|Has the lowest calories and lowest net carbs of all the options.
|Has a big variety syrup flavors to choose from that all don't use sugar alcohols.
|Sells Maple, Chocolate and Caramel flavor syrups that are sweetened using organic Erythritol and Stevia.
|Sell lots of traditional flavor syrups like Pecan, Maple and Blueberry and only brand to offer an allulose sweetened syrup option.
|Limited flavor choice to buy maple or raspberry, but great choice of a low calorie syrup with few added ingredients.
|Maple Grove Farms
|US farm that has been making maple syrups for over 100 years and sugar-free options.
|Make a large selection of flavors including cinnamon, salted caramel and butter pecan.
1. Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup
- Only contains one net carbohydrate
- Is keto-, diabetic-, paleo- and vegan-friendly
- Is made with traditionally grown monk fruit as a sweetener
- Lowest calories
- Some people feel it is too watery and not viscous enough like traditional syrup
Lakanto, based in Utah, is committed to the mission of inspiring health and wellness through their “innovative, delicious, natural, nutritious, sugar-free and healthy” products. You can watch a video of their entire story on their website. All of their products use monk fruit, which they still grow using traditional methods in the mountains of China, as a sweetener. These products include drink mixes, breakfast products, syrups and more. Their website features an extensive blog covering tops from cell ageing to plant history to ketosis. They also have a recipe database, mostly for drinks but also some snacks and treats. Their maple flavored sugar-free syrup is relatively low in calories and carbs.
2. ChocZero’s Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
- Is keto-friendly and gluten free, soy free, sugar alcohol free and GMO-free
- Is available in a one-pack or two-pack
- Is made naturally using monk fruit as a sweetener
- Good option for sugar-free syrup that does not contain erythritol
- Uses no preservatives
- Contains non-GMO corn fibre
ChocZero was born in 2016 out of two goals; making delicious sugar-free chocolate and creating a customer-centered company. They sell three sugar-free syrup flavor options: maple, chocolate and caramel. Their sugar-free maple syrup is low in calories and naturally sweetened with monk fruit.
3. Pyure Organic Maple Flavored Syrup
- Is organic, non-GMO, MSG-free, keto-friendly and paleo-friendly
- Is made using the highest quality stevia leaf extract
- Has the highest total carbs and calories of all brands reviewed
- Does not have very many servings per bottle
Pyure is characterized by their list of “Always Wills,” which includes using only the sweetest part of the stevia leaf and avoiding chemicals, among others. Founder and CEO Ben Fleischer calls his brand “a truly revolutionary stevia company.” They sell stevia extract in a variety of flavors as well as honey and maple syrup alternatives. Their website includes a recipe database and blog called Sweet Talk that addresses questions about sugar and stevia. Their maple flavored syrup is sugar-free but still contains quite a few net carbs.
4. ChocZero Syrup Variety Pack
- Comes in three different flavors: chocolate, caramel and maple
- Is keto-friendly and gluten-, soy-, sugar-alcohol-, preservative- and GMO-free
- Is made naturally using monk fruit as a sweetener
- Is made by a company with a commitment to customer service
- Each bottle contains a relatively generous number of servings
- Is a bit high in carbs
ChocZero was born in 2016 out of two goals: making delicious sugar-free chocolate and creating a customer-centered company. They sell syrups, keto bark and chocolate, and all of their products are gluten-, soy- and sugar alcohol-free. While their website doesn’t have much to offer, they do have an affiliate program which anybody can sign up for. They proudly respond to all social media communications in-house. Their syrup is naturally sweetened with monk fruit extract.
5. Blackberry Patch Sugar Free Maple Praline Syrup
- Contains zero net carbohydrates
- Is made by a company that has been perfecting their products since 1988
- Is made by a company with useful web resources and a commitment to the community
- Is handmade locally
- Is a bit high in calories and carbohydrates
- Is sweetened with maltitol, which may be but is not necessarily natural
Blackberry Patch, founded in 1988, makes small batch fruit toppings, preserves, syrups and salsas. All of their products are handmade in Thomasville, GA using traditional Southern techniques. They support several charities such as Marion Medical Missions and ECHO, donating a portion of their profits in their effort to give back to the community. The Blackberry Patch shop features a “3 Ingredients” page which lists an impressive number of products that only contain three ingredients. They also offer an extensive recipe database and “Gift Crates”. Their sugar-free maple syrup is very high in both calories and carbohydrates.
6. Nature’s Hollow Sugar-Free Maple Flavored Syrup
- Is sweetened using xylitol, a natural sweetener that is low on the glycemic index and has been shown to be good for your teeth
- Is available in two flavors and sizes: maple, raspberry, one-pack and two-pack
- Is made by a family-run company that has been perfecting their products for four generations
- Limited to two flavor options, maple or raspberry
Nature’s Hollow is the Probst familys’ sugar-free line and uses xylitol as a sweetener. They have been making fruit preserves, syrups and salsas for four generations in the Heber Valley of Utah. They also sell sugar-free jams, syrups, honey and even barbeque sauce and ketchup. Their sugar-free maple syrup is high in calories, but is sweetened naturally with mainly sugar alcohols.
7. Maple Grove Farms Vermont Sugar-Free Syrup
- Only contains six carbohydrates and one net carbohydrate
- Is made by a historic company that has been making maple syrup since 1915
- Is very low in calories
- Kosher product
- Contains a bunch of B vitamins
- Contains preservatives, sulfites and other additives
- Contains phenylalanine which can be a problem for some
The Maple Grove Farm original flavor sugar free syrup is the lowest calorie and lowest total carbohydrate product available that we reviewed. The company also sells a butter flavor option. Maple Grove Farms has been around for over a hundred years, starting in 1915. They are one of the largest maple syrup manufacturers in the US. You can even visit their store, museum and gift shop in St. Johnsbury, Vermont.
8. SweetLeaf Sugar-Free Syrup
SweetLeaf is a brand that produces a range of sugar free syrup flavors including maple, blueberry, chocolate, cinnamon, butter pecan and caramel. SweetLeaf has been going since 1982 and focuses on making lots of different sugar free products using stevia or monk fruit extracts.
Sugar Free Syrup Comparison Table
|Total Calories per Serving
|Maple Grove Farm
How to Choose a Sugar Free Syrup
When looking to buy a sugar free syrup we found most people want to know:
- Is it tasty like regular pancake syrup?
- Is there any nasty aftertaste?
- Is it thick like regular pancake syrup?
- Does it spike your blood sugar levels?
Sugar Free Syrup Frequently Asked Questions
Is Sugar Free Maple Syrup Really Sugar Free?
Yes, sugar free syrups should not normally contain regular sugar instead they contain sugar alcohols which are alternatives to using sugar for that sweet taste.
What Are Sugar-Free Syrups Made Of?
Sugar free syrups contain the sugar substitute called sugar alcohols like erythritol or xylitol.
What Is the Healthiest Syrup for Pancakes?
If you want a low calorie syrup then your best choice is to use a sugar free pancake syrup, otherwise using a pure Canadian maple syrup is your next best choice.
Related Products to Buy
- Keto friendly nut butters
- Low carb protein bars
- Keto friendly beef stick snacks
- Keto friendly meal replacement shakes
- Keto friendly snack boxes
- Low carb cookie snacks
- Keto friendly gums