I was interested to find out what are some of the best glucose measuring devices to use for testing your blood level of glucose available for me to review.
The best glucose meters are:
- Bayer Contour NEXT One Blood Glucose Meter
- Keto-Mojo Bluetooth Blood Glucose Meter
- FreeStyle Lite Blood Glucose Meter
- Abbott FreeStyle Lite Blood Glucose Meter
- Abbott Freestyle Freedom Lite Blood Glucose Meter
- Roche Accu-Chek Aviva Plus Blood Glucose Meter
- Roche Accu-Chek Guide Blood Glucose Meter
- Roche Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Meter Kit
- Ascensia CONTOUR Blood Glucose Meter
- i-SENS CareSens N Blood Glucose Meter Kit
- TaiDoc GlucoRx Nexus Blood Glucose Monitoring System Kit
Being able to measure your blood sugar levels (a.k.a glucose levels) is vital for diagnosed type 1 and type 2 diabetics. However, people who are non-diabetic are also using a blood sugar testing meter to be able to see how what foods they eat diet can affect their sugar levels.
We went out researching online for what are some of the top rated & most recommended brands who make accurate glucose testing meters that are available to buy online.
The Best Glucose Ketone Meters in 2023
Here is the list of recommended blood glucose testing meters for you to compare.
1. Bayer CONTOUR NEXT ONE Bluetooth Glucose Meter
The Bayer CONTOUR NEXT ONE glucose meter is an accurate meter that has extra benefits. You can use the Bluetooth feature to sync your test results and information to the app on your cell phone. This information can also be shared with a healthcare professional, so they can assess you remotely. There is a light to help you see where to insert the strip in the dark.
2. Keto-Mojo Bluetooth Ketone & Glucose Meter
The Keto-Mojo meter is good for testing both blood glucose and ketone levels. This unit is easy to switch between US and UK/European measurements of mg/dL and mmol/L. For those following a keto or low-carb diet to manage their glucose levels will appreciate the ability to track ketones. The Keto-Mojo is unique as it also helps with calculating the GKI score. The unit is simple to use and sync easily over Bluetooth with the Keto-Mojo cell phone app to store your readings on your iOS or Android phone and optionally on the free My Mojo Health Cloud or the paid for Heads Up Health service.
3. Abbott FreeStyle Lite Blood Glucose Meter
The Abbott FreeStyle Lite glucose meter is small meter that is easy to carry around. The display unit is big enough to easily read the result numbers. It also has a display backlight and test strip port light option. The meter can display results from a low of 20 mg/dL (1.1 mmol/L) up to high of 500 mg/dL (27.8 mmol/L).
4. Abbott Freestyle Freedom Lite Blood Glucose Monitoring System
The Abbott FreeStyle Freedom Lite glucose meter is large enough to easily hold and has larger display unit than the FreeStyle Lite which makes numbers more easy to read. The meter can display results from a low of 20 mg/dL (1.1 mmol/L) up to high of 500 mg/dL (27.8 mmol/L).
5. Roche Accu-Chek Aviva Plus Glucose Meter
The Accu-Chek Aviva Plus Meter is made by Roche. Blood glucose results can be displayed in either mg/dL or mmol/L. You can tag results as pre or pst meal. Plus, there is a post-meal test reminder where the meter beeps 1 or 2 hours after you test you glucose to remind you to do a post-meal glucose test. If you are a macOS user you can’t use the ACCU-CHEK 360° diabetes management system which runs on Windows only when we last checked online*.
6. Roche Accu-Chek Guide Blood Glucose Meter
7. Roche Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Meter Kit
8. Ascensia CONTOUR Blood Glucose Meter
9. i-SENS CareSens N Blood Glucose Meter Kit
10. TaiDoc GlucoRx Nexus Blood Glucose Monitoring System Kit
The GlucoRx Nexus glucose meter from TaiDoc is a NHS approved meter that is available in the UK and some EU countries.