The best spermidine supplement brands are:
I was interested to find out what are some of the best spermidine supplements on the market for me to review.
So, I went out researching online for what are some of the most recommended brands & top rated spermidine supplement products on the market available to buy online.
What is the Best Spermidine Supplement?
Renue By Science supplement range for healthy aging has been our readers favorite for years now.
The Best Spermidine Supplements in 2024
|Renue By Science Liposomal Spermidine Capsules
|Only brand that makes a liposomal form of spermidine supplementation.
|DoNotAge Pure Spermidine Capsules
|A popular healthspan supplement brand that ships worldwide with bulk option available.
|Double Wood Spermidine Capsules
|US based brand who sells a high potency spermidine supplement at 10 mg per serving.
|Oxford Healthspan Primeadine Spermidine Capsules
|One of the few brands that sells a Gluten-Free spermidine supplement option and is a leader in the spermidine research field.
|Made by Longevity Labs in Austria this is the spermidine product tested as part of the EU (EFSA) research into spermidine as a novel food..
|Verso Clean Being Spermidine Capsules
|Verso is a US brand that focuses on healthspan supplements with this option also containing Luteolin and Dihydroquercetin.
1. Renue By Science Liposomal Spermidine Capsules
RENUE BY SCIENCE is a leading anti-aging supplement brand based in the US who provides certificate of analysis from third party testing laboratories to confirm purity of their products. The company sell spermidine in a liposomal form which comes in capsules. You can also buy their Activator AM product which combines liposomal spermidine, liposomal quercetin and liposomal fisetin to act as a senolytic and AMPK activator.
2. Omre Spermidine Capsules
Omre is expanding their longevity supplement product range with their new spermidine capsules. I like that the ingredient list is very simple with only having the vegetarian capsule and Nu-FLOW® as the anti-caking agent as the other ingredients. They say the product is 3rd party tested, but the certificate was not readily available to see on their website when reviewed.
3. DoNotAge Pure Spermidine Capsules
DoNotAge is a popular longevity brand name headquartered in the UK that you will see mentioned and recommended in many online forums and it is for good reason. DoNotAge likes to donate towards research on substances like spermidine to try gain new insight in the field of healthy aging. The company provide certificates of analysis from third party testing labs to assure you of the product purity. You can order large amounts and they can be shipped worldwide.
4. spermidineLIFE Capsules
spermidineLIFE is made by Longevity Labs who originates from Austria and also have a US subsidiary in Denver, CO. The founders of Longevity Labs worked with the researchers of the University of Graz on an extraction method for spermidine. The brand focuses solely on spermidine and makes different options like spermidineLIFE® Original 365+, spermidineLIFE® Boost+, spermidineLIFE® Immunity+, spermidineLIFE® Memory+ and others.
5. Double Wood Spermidine Capsules
Double Wood is a US based brand who sell a variety of supplements including dietary supplements related to anti-aging and healthy aging. Their spermidine is manufactured in the US at a GMP facility and you can see verification of the certificate of analysis and third party testing results on their product pages. You have the option to buy in multiple packs of double or triple packs orders to save more money per order.
6. Oxford Healthspan Primeadine Gluten-Free Spermidine Capsules
Oxford Healthspan is a brand that says that it focuses on anti-aging compounds with strong clinical safety profiles. Their spermidine supplement called Primeadine is this first product in their range. You have the option for a gluten-free version of spermidine which not many other brands offer.
7. Verso Clean Being Spermidine Capsules
VERSO is a US based brand that focuses on two dietary supplements which are Spermidine and NMN. The product is both vegan and gluten free. They have one page that lists all the latest certificate of analysis including their spermidine batches.
How to Choose a Spermidine Supplement
These are the things to consider before buying an spermidine supplement:
- Does the brand provide a certificate of analysis to prove purity and validation that it contains the amount of active ingredient as advertised per serving dose
- What is the dose per serving to make sure you get the amount of spermidine that you want
- What type of form does the spermidine come in e.g. powder, tablet, capsule, sublingual liquid etc…
- Are there any other active ingredients in the product that you want or not
- What is the cost per serving to see which product is the best deal or most cost effective for you
- What is the shipping policy of the brand to make sure you can get it delivered to you
- Do people mention the brand as a recommended choice on popular online forums
Why Take an Spermidine Supplement?
Spermidine is a naturally occurring polyamine compound that helps a person’s body mimics fasting and is thought to aid with autophagy, which is the process of cellular rejuvenation.
Our spermidine levels decline as we age; so some may choose to take spermidine supplementation or eat more spermidine rich-foods to slow the decline or help to try increase the spermidine levels in their body.
What is Spermidine Used For?
Spermidine used as a dietary supplement in mice studies has been shown to:
- Extends lifespan across species
- Promotes cardioprotection
- Promotes neuroprotection
- Induces autophagy for removal of intracellular accumulation of toxic debris
- Enhance mitochondrial metabolic function and respiration
- Exhibits anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Improves proteostasis
These studies need to be replicated in humans to provide further evidence. But we were able to find studies in humans researching:
- Does spermidine help to slow or improve adults with cognitive decline?
What Are the Types of Spermidine Available?
You can get two types of spermidine: synthetic or food derived forms of spermidine.
Food based spermidine supplements are normally made from fermented wheat germ extract.
What Are the Benefits of Using Spermidine?
- Spermidine preserves mitochondrial function
- Exhibits anti-inflammatory properties
- Prevents stem cell senescence
We share in more detail what are some of the other potential health benefits according to research.
What Are the Recommended Spermidine Dosages?
There are no official FDA or European recommended daily allowance doses for spermidine, but the recommended daily dose appears to range from 1 mg up to 6 mg per day in humans.
The no-observed-adverse-effect level (NOAEL) for spermidine has been tested in rats.
What Are the Natural Food Sources of Spermidine?
Spermidine has been in the human food chain for thousands of years and can be found in foods like:
- Wheat germ and some other cereals
- Fresh green pepper
Is Spermidine Safe?
We could not find long-term studies on the safety of spermidine supplementation, but the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has set an upper limit of 6mg of supplemental food-derived spermidine per day to be within safe limits.
What Are Possible Side-Effects from Taking Spermidine?
We could not find any studies indicating any known side-effects from taking spermidine in humans.
Spermidine Supplements Frequently Asked Questions
Does Spermidine Help With Weight Loss?
Spermidine has been shown in diet-induced obese (DIO) mice to cause significant loss of weight and improve insulin resistance.
Does Spermidine Have Gluten?
Yes, most spermidine supplements will have gluten with some brands making gluten free spermidine supplement products available.
How Much Spermidine Should I Take?
According to Oxford Healthspan most Spermidine studies have shown 1mg of spermidine supplementation per day is how much someone should take.
Do Spermidine Levels Decline with Age?
Yes, spermidine levels in humans do decline as we age.
- Madeo et al. 2018. Spermidine in health and disease
- Wirth et al. 2019. Effects of spermidine supplementation on cognition and biomarkers in older adults with subjective cognitive decline (SmartAge)—study protocol for a randomized controlled trial
- Til et al. 1997. 00121-x" target="_blank" data-type="URL" data-id="https://doi.org/10.1016/s0278-691500121-x" rel="noopener" data-lasso-id="18098">Acute and subacute toxicity of tyramine, spermidine, spermine, putrescine and cadaverine in rats
- Ma et al. 2020. Spermidine improves gut barrier integrity and gut microbiota function in diet-induced obese mice
- López-Rodríguez et al. 2022. Extracts Rich in Nutrients as Novel Food Ingredients to Be Used in Food Supplements: A Proposal Classification
- Madeo et al. 2019. Spermidine: a physiological autophagy inducer acting as an anti-aging vitamin in humans?
- Pekar et al. 2020. The positive effect of spermidine in older adults suffering from dementia
- NMN Supplements
- NR Supplements
- NAD Supplements
- Resveratrol Supplements
- CoQ10 Supplements
- Glutathione Supplements